Thursday, March 27, 2008

Welcoming Spring With Snowy Days

It seems like "Old Man Winter" isn't ready to hang up his mission around here. Even though it is pretty nice as I write this, the weather advisory posted is for a system to come through tonight leaving "a trace, to two inches of snow by early morning." Combined with the blast of snow and rain that whipped through last night, we don't seem to be that far away from Winter, even though the calendar says differently. This hasn't slowed the scootering around here though.

Sunday in particular was great fun. Old JayBee and Mod Kevin and I spent some quality time blasting around in a cold drenching rain. Mod Kevin rode the Lambretta, and I rolled out the Vespa, with JayBee hanging back in the road spray on his Vino. The Modster and I both sported our fishtail parka's, and as this was the first real hardcore test of mine's ability to keep me warm and dry, I will say that I this is the best doggone coat to have in my opinion for the true traditionalist. I stayed warm and dry, even though the shell was soaked. The liner did not allow the rain to get through and ruin my fun. All in all, it was a great time, and it's good to know that we will ride, rain or shine.

Slim Jim from work rode his Helix Tuesday and Wednesday, and man, I have to admire the freak, because these were some cold flipping mornings to ride in at 6:30 a.m. Another hardcore scooter bum.

I'm in hopes that our club can sneak in some riding time this weekend, or maybe some shop time over at Casa del JayBee. I want to get in touch with Oilcan Kurt too, and maybe go have a look at his Simplex project. Since Sunday is class day again for my crew at work, Saturday looks to be the only day to kick up some dust. That is unless we have snow covering the dust!

Have fun,
Bill

3 Comments:

Blogger BBC said...

I does seem like winter just doesn't want to give up it's grip and I don't really have any good warm riding gear.

Need a carb for my scoot anyway. My Honda is 150 CC but I want to power it up a bit and am looking for a carb for a 200 CC four cycle.

I should be able to fit any carb off any make of scoot or cycle if you happen to know where one is at.

Stay warm out there.

6:01 AM  
Blogger Bill Sommers said...

Billy B.
I have an old project bike that you might want to ponder over. It is a 2 stroke though. It's an old '68 Yamaha 350 scrambler that needs some attention, but I don't think it will get any from me anytime soon. If you have any interest, let me know.

Have fun,
Bill

8:03 PM  
Blogger BBC said...

Thanks Bill, but I'm not interested in a 350 scrambler. The only new bike I ever bought was a Yamaha 250 Exciter, it was a great little bike for a small one.

I think the favorite bike I've owned was a Honda 500 Shadow, I used to run Highway 66 on it when I lived in Kingman, Az.

But I sold it after moving to Utah and starting my business as I never had time to ride. Bought a 24 foot pontoon boat with a cabin on it and had good times on it though.

Here is an interesting link to some of my adventures in life, it's a pretty long read though. My merry Oldsmobile

3:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Counter