Sunday, February 10, 2008

Now This Looks Like A Military Scooter!

All of a sudden, my Big Ruckus doesn't have as much of a military look as I thought it did. The above photo was taken in the Walmart parking lot this morning on my cell phone camera. This has the military look big time!

As I was parking the family truckster, I saw this scooter roll right past me, and I hustled over to where the guy parked to get a better look. As I walked up to the guy I recognized him as the owner of a Honda "little" Ruckus that has been completely tricked out. The dude told me that he had gotten a good deal on this Helix, and he had taken on the project of painting it in the beautiful military shade of Olive Drab. You'll notice that the bottom foot panels have been removed, as well as the plastic nose grille. My guess is that its part of the paint work project.

The guy was telling me that he wasn't having much luck in getting the paint to bond well to the plastic bodywork, and that drawing a fingernail over it will peel the paint. He was on his way into the paint department to buy the cure I guess. I mentioned that we had Krylon Fusion spray paint at my store, but I know that we don't have his color. The Fusion paint is specifically for painting plastic, and works great. My pal Dreamcrusher is going to use the Fusion to repaint his Honda Aero 80 in a two-tone green and cream paint scheme. It will have a sweet retro look when its done.

I didn't talk too long with the guy, but we did walk into the store together. He mentioned that he knew I rode scooters, but has never seen me out on one yet. That struck me as true since I haven't been tearing up the streets lately. On the other hand, this guy is always out there.

It's time to take to the streets again. Cool things are happening in our scooter community, and I don't want to miss it by being the rider that just got out of the Chevy Blazer.

I'm glad that I saw this guy today.

Have fun,
Bill

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a good friendly nudge there. I know exactly what you mean about not wanting to be the guy getting out of his cage...well put.
I HATE getting out of my truck and realizing it is beautiful and there are bikes EVERYWHERE and I'm not on one of them.

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Counter