Thursday, February 07, 2008

More Windblown Debris

The things that go bump in the night turned out to be the things that were flying around in the 50-plus mile per hour winds that blew overnight. As it turned out, there were some overturned garbage cans and regular old windblown debris scattered around that made up most of the racket that I heard in the wee hours. Just another Pacific storm that wanted to come ashore and kick things around a bit.

It looks like JayBee and I will get some time this weekend to peck around on his Vespa P200e. It needs a little TLC and tweaking, and since neither one of us has to work on Saturday, it might be fun to bomb up and down the country road that he lives on. If nothing else, it'll be a scooter related day.

I really want to get out and "Ride Sally ride," as the character Woody says in the movie Wild Hogs. I watched the flick the other night and now I have a real itch to take off on a scooter road trip. I'm putting together a camping trip plan for this Spring for our little band of scooter bums. Even though the location is great for camping, its really not far enough out of town to qualify as a "road trip." It'll make for a great overnighter though, and is close enough to be able to include wives and kids.

Since I still have some daylight, and the branches aren't flying by horizontally, I think I'll get outside and pick up the things that went bump in the night.

Have fun,
Bill

5 Comments:

Blogger Mod Kevin said...

An Overnight Scooter trip? When and Where? I'll try to come over on Saturday, I'll have to come on the Metro though, I don't have plates for Sofia yet. I suppose I could put the metro plates on Sofia but if got pulled over I'd be screwed

8:48 PM  
Blogger BBC said...

It seems to me that the winds get worse every year, mankind is messing up this planet pretty badly.

I think I'll wait until it gets warmer before cranking the scooter up.

5:09 AM  
Blogger Bill Sommers said...

Mod Kevin,
Yeah, I was thinking of a Spring trip to Altaire with you, JayBee, Dreamcrusher and myself. Additional family would make it merrier. Not too far away, but far enough to be "away." Know what I mean?

Billy B.
It's getting weirder by the year. Being a home town boy, we usually had our "ten year storms." Now we get them every year.

Let me know when you crank the old scoot up. I'm into things like that.

Have fun,
Bill

4:56 PM  
Blogger BBC said...

I'm not sure you can get to Altaire right now. The last time I was out that way the road was closed at the gate.

I'll check with the park service, I would like to hike into the hot springs.

5:41 AM  
Blogger Bill Sommers said...

Billy B.
We were thinking maybe April for the trip to Altaire. It should be open for camping by then.
=Bill=

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Counter