Sunday, January 20, 2008

Oh, To Be A Bastard Again

A few years back I rode with a "social" club by the name of "Dirty Bastards." It was an AMA sanctioned one-piece patch club with a handful of dedicated members. Times changed and so did the club, and the time for this bastard to move on came too. All for the good, as the social club disbanded in the months after my departure.

I did think that it was a cool name though, and missed the association with some of the original members. I have remained friends with most of the guys from the early days,and we run into each other now and then, and the feeling is always good. There was something about being a "Bastard" that I liked though.

It was that name then, that caught my eye when I was hanging out at Dave Mangano's site that had me looking into the "Royal Bastards Scooter Club" website.

It didn't take me a long time to get a good feeling from the way the club presented itself on the site, and I started getting hooked on the idea of wanting to join. Membership interest is encouraged, and I took the idea to my pal JayBee before looking into it further.

Even though we were getting a handle on the idea of being a looseknit band of "Geezers," there was a brighter spark of interest in the idea of becoming members of an established club. I took the genuine excitement that JayBee and Mod Kevin displayed at becoming potential Bastards and ran with it.

I e-mailed "Zippy" Bastard in Seattle to provide us with information about whether or not we could be considered for membership. I was impressed with the prompt reply from Sarah, and was encouraged to contact Lucky from Sacramento about what to do next.

Sarah, aka Zippy, is a "Lone Wolf" in the Seattle area, and she will at this point be the person to make the decision as to if we can, or cannot become members. After some back and forth e-mailing to Lucky, we received a positive vote from the "Ten" in California, and we'll now need to make contact with Sarah to receive her thumbs-up for membership.

I spoke with both Mod Kevin and JayBee yesterday, and we're all pretty excited about this chance to "patch up" with the Royal Bastards." We look at it as a chance to further promote scootering in our area as members of the Royal Bastards, and an opportunity to support the Seattle members as well.

Now we wait to hear from Zippy before we take the next step. Hopefully next time I post, I'll have some news to share.

Have fun,
Bill

4 Comments:

Blogger BBC said...

Hi Bill Sommer's. Welcome to my blog neighbor, thanks for leaving a comment. Spaghetti is not spaghetti without meat. But I seldom bother to make meatballs. I just scramble up hamburger and sausage and put that in it.

I do love meat balls though. And boobs. But as you know by now, anything with tits or tires is going to give you problems.

That reminds me to go thank my wheels for giving me good service with the fewest problems.

I've not heard of the "Dirty Bastards", only in the context being called that. LOL

Hum, the "Royal Bastards Scooter Club", sounds worthy, but I would never join any organization that would have me as a member.

Unless of course the drinks are cheaper. That's why I keep my membership at the Eagles. :-)

Keep me posted about rides, I would like to ride with you bastards one of these days. Billy B

8:32 PM  
Blogger BBC said...

You like my writing style? If I had a writing style this shit would make sense.

10:56 PM  
Blogger Mod Kevin said...

It's going to be exciting to meet Sarah and become a Bastard, I wonder how long it take to get knighted into the club

12:05 PM  
Blogger Heinz N Frenchie said...

Here's to your new membership. Hope it is all that you want it to be. Sounds like fun.

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Counter