Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Little Man, Standing In The Rain


Nope, no scooter in sight in this shot. Just my little man standing in the rain soaked grass just beyond the cluster of cabins that we called home over the weekend.
Sol Duc Hot Springs has been a Summer destination for our family since I was a wee lad, and now the tradition continues as we took our little family to visit for swimming, hiking and total relaxation. Although the lodging is a bit spendy compared to when I was a whipper-snapper, as is the cost of getting into the natural hot spring heated pools, the feel of the place is the same, and that is what brings me back. There is a price to be paid for what brings you happiness, and being at Sol Duc this weekend was worth every penny.
This post brings to mind something that Dave M. asked me about when we visited a while back. We talked about how most moto-bloggers stayed the course of only two wheeled related writings, and how I strayed into personal thoughts, work and family related points. I'll say it again, my thoughts that I post are where I am at the moment, and how my world turns today. The moto-blogging is why I'm here, and I really need to refocus and get back on track, so look forward to more "on-point" writing as the season rolls on. I have not slipped as a moto-commuter, and riding is still the "happy pill" that I need to take to balance out the stresses of a work day. It's just that sometimes one needs to pack up the whole family for an overnighter to relieve the stresses of a whole bunch of work days.
Have fun,
Bill

5 Comments:

Blogger Eric Link said...

Hi Bill - I like the mix of personal and moto it's much more, er, personal! I also ride to work whenever it isn't raining (which isn't lately here.. :( But It'll be hotter than he** soon enough so I'll get plenty of riding in. - Eric

GT60
Vb1
GS160
GT125
Rally200
Vnb1

8:20 AM  
Blogger irondad said...

Priorities. All the riding in the world means nothing when the family falls apart. To tell you the truth, I kind of like a little variety.

8:46 PM  
Blogger Bill Sommers said...

Eric,
Thanks for dropping in, and the vote of confidence. I don't have a formula to follow, so I suppose I'll just keep on winging it.

After reviewing your list of rides,(which is making me drool on my shirt) you look like you have all bases covered when it comes to scooter commuting. Finally someone else has a GT125, I don't feel so alone.

Irondad,
After some rethinking and pondering, I've decided to borrow from Popeye logic and say, "I yam what I yam". My writings shall remain the the only way I know...off the cuff, and how I feel.

Have fun,
Bill

4:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Bill, this place looks idealic. What a memory you are building for you son. He'll remember this when he is your age. Can't put a price on that.

4:22 AM  
Blogger Bill Sommers said...

Sarch,
I really try to get the little ones to take the time to look around and soak up some of what is around them. Hopefully they will remember these times and reflect fondly as I do.

Have fun,
Bill

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Counter