Monday, April 28, 2008

Gotta Get Out Of The Rut

I didn't intend to let so much time go by between posts, but I guess I did didn't I? Oh well, I'll work on being more consistant.

Maybe it's because its been business as usual around here, and that alone is like an everyday rut that is hard to get out of. Work plods along at its normal work pace, and the unmotivated stay unmotivated while the true workers take up the slack. The thing here friends, is that it's up to me to find some consistancy in this group. Tomorrow I'll thank the worker bees, and then I'll get eyeball to eyeball with the less than stellar team members. Should be a fun day.

I've been putting in some time with Geezer Oilcan Kurt and getting a chance to see how skilled he is as a painter. I'm talking auto and motorbike painting. Man, it blew me away when I saw what he did with my old Sporty tank and front fender. Two-tone blue on silver with custom "H-D" script, and a ghost flame on the fender. I can't wait till my new project lands in his shop.

Yeah, I said "new project." I'll keep the wraps on this scooter project until I'm ready to unveil it in the next few weeks. What I will say though, is that I have been spending some busy hours in my shop on a scooter project.

Before I forget, I decided to take up pinstriping after all these years of wishing I knew how. On a whim I bought a nice striping brush and some One-shot lettering paint at the local parts house. If I get something decent done I'll post a photo here. The airbrush kit comes next...

Have fun,
Bill

6 Comments:

Blogger BBC said...

You must know Rick Gentry? Has a custom upholstery a few blocks of the highway on south Bayview.

Mostly he does high buck custom jobs on big boys toys, and does some cycle seats. He recently modified a Harley seat for Ron Gardner.

His upholstery jobs have won awards in lots of big car shows. Did a 49 Caddy a few years ago that was around 15 grand, all leather, every inch.

He's not always fast cuz he's a drunk, but he is damn good, honest, and uses no cheap ass materials.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Mod Kevin said...

I ran into a guy at grandview groceries yesterday, he was riding a Piaggio 460. It was a maroon colour and looked pretty cool. I wish I would have gotten a way to contact him to see if he wanted to go for a weekend ride with everyone.

6:01 AM  
Blogger Bill Sommers said...

Billy B,
Yeah I know who Rick is. I've seen his work, and he is really good. I grew up around a guy that lived on Red Port wine, and he too was an upholsterer. He did a lot of Harrah's work up here, then sent it to Nevada to be seen in all the show cars.

I'll have to look at Ron's seat next time I see him.

Mod Kevin,
The dude's name is Greg, and he lives about 5 blocks from me on west 6th. The model of the Piaggio that he rides is a Beverly 500. That crazy dude used to ride it to Seattle last summer on the weekends to play bass in a Christian band or something like that. He would pack his whole bass rig on that scooter. He's cool.

Have fun,
Bill

7:41 PM  
Blogger BBC said...

PROJECT UPDATE

5:55 AM  
Blogger Heinz N Frenchie said...

Yes time gets away from all of us. As much as we try, our good intentions of posting to our blogs every week, seems to fail. Oh well! We will be looking forward to the photos of the new paint jobs.

7:24 PM  
Blogger BBC said...

You fell back into the rut?

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Counter