Sunday, September 23, 2007

Welcoming Autumn With JayBee And Mod Kevin

Here you see my pal JayBee, and Mod Kevin enjoying the view of the Elwha River on the first day of Autumn. And what a nice first day at that.

After spending the early part of my day riding in a local bicycling event, I had come home for a shower and a change of duds when J.B. phoned me up to go for a little putt. I had spoken about my rides out to Altaire Campground, and this turned out to be the destination of the day. J.B. had called Mod Kevin, and we all met up in a parking lot at 8th and Pine St.

The pace up Black Diamond Road, then onto Elwha Road was just right for soaking in the sights. With the leaves beginning to turn from green to brilliant yellows, golds, and reds, every corner offered a postcard view. The rather cool temperatures added to the reality that this is truly Fall, and Summer has moved on.

What I was really into, was sharing the experience with these cats. I've been exploring these roads for awhile now, and have had some great moments. It'll really be sweet in a week or so when the colors are full, before the leaves start to fall. We already have a plan to roll back up to Altaire, in full retro Mod style. I'll have to ride the Vespa just to keep in style with these two.

At one point today, I glanced over at Mod Kevin and he was looking smooth in a PorkPie hat, and an authentic British Navy sweater. J.B. was also sporting a British military sweater, and they both had on a variation of the fishtail parka. For the next ride, we've agreed to wear the real fishtail parka's, and do it up right. With the cooler days upon us, we'll need them. We'll probably take some tasty grindage, and some high-test coffee, and make a real event out of it.

Whatever we end up doing, it'll be cool. This is the time of year to get out and ride, and really take in what is around you. These two cats will agree with me. And when they get out, they do it in real style. That's how they roll.

Have fun,
Bill

4 Comments:

Blogger vespajitsu said...

Very cool Bill!! Beautiful area you live in. As much as we love North Carolina, we are starting to look into the Oregon/Washington area.
I've just started to ride again and am going to a scooter rally in two weeks. But I'm really looking forward to be outside of Florida.
Nice post and neat friends! Scenery,scoots, and bros, doesn't get much better than that!

9:21 AM  
Blogger Kano said...

I wonder what "The Fashion Police" would say about you guys!

Yep, nothing better than September in the Pacific Northwest for riding, scenery and weather. Not to mention the perfect lighting for photography.

Thanks for the reminder of this great time of year. I'm going to charge up my camera batteries, go to work tonight and will hit some country roads on the way home in the morning to get some fall pics.

5:55 PM  
Blogger Bill Sommers said...

Cody,
I've never been to Florida, let alone North Carolina, but I recommend at least a visit to the Pacific Northwest to get a feel for this side of the rock. It's beautiful. Period.

Now that hurricane season is just about over, and the heat is mellowing out, I bet that the riding is perfect. Welcome back to the two wheelers world.

Kano,
The Fashion Police will either nod in approval, or blow sky-high chunks. Now gray area here with this style choice.

Since I was a pup, I've been an Autumn kind of guy. Must be something about the colors that brings my attitude up a few notches. Have a nice putt in the morning.

Have fun,
Bill

8:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting post Bill. I love reading people's write ups on their rides. It doesn't get any better than doing it with friends and it sounds like these two are good ones.

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Counter