Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Back To School

The spread between my postings is almost turning into a bi-monthly stretch. I gotta remedy that. The last few weeks have felt like a sprint finish as far as the work weeks go, but I cured that by grabbing up some vacation time so I could catch my breath and gear back a bit to enjoy some late summer days without the cloud of work hanging over my mellon.

I've been elected to a "team" of company folks to draw up the road-map for the future direction of our business, and this includes classes through the end of the year. Even though I'm on vacation, I'll be in class today for the whole afternoon. I'm commited to this project because I was voted into the position. Some folks were chosen by a steering committee, others were elected. I got the nod, so now I gotta "Git er' done."

And I will ride my scoot to class for sure. The riding has been nice lately with the cool, foggy mornings, followed by warm sunny afternoons. This is typical weather for this time of year, and it has always been my favorite time of year to ride. I was telling my wife this morning about when I bought my first brand new motorcycle off the showroom floor back in 1981. It was a Yamaha 550 Maxim, and I was telling of the time of year, and how it reminded me of those days. I said that I bought the bike on September 5th, and it was a day like today. How deja vu that its the 5th today, and I didn't even know it. Geez, I don't think about the date when I'm not at work. Time flies, man.

Well, little dude should be rolling in from kindergarten in a few minutes, so I'll go get caught up on his adventures before I head off to class. My books under one arm, and a Mountain Dew Amp Tall Boy in the other hand...I'm ready.

Have fun,
Bill

5 Comments:

Blogger vespajitsu said...

Hey Bill,
I haven't ridden at all since coming back from our trip. To hot and Florida's landscape is such a let down after all the MI and NC scenery. I'll get back into it by October. Keep riding Bill, I'll get motivated again soon if I keep reading all my other riders blogs!

3:51 PM  
Blogger Kano said...

Between the Ruckus and the Sporster, you've got all bases covered. Glad you kept the Sportster. I had to part with my old sportster and regretted it. I now have another one and this time it stays.

Ah yes, nothing like this time of year in the good old Pacific Northwest. Me too, this is my favorite time of year to ride.

10:48 PM  
Blogger Steve Williams said...

Don't forget to take your cellphone to class so you can text message the entire time. If you have an iPod use it too. Then you will resemble many of today's college students.

As I read your post I was wondering if you were beginning to hint to your wife in a very subconscious way that you need to buy a new bike...

Or maybe I'm reflecting my own subconcious onto you...

Steve Williams
Scooter in the Sticks

3:54 AM  
Blogger Bill Sommers said...

Cody,
I can see why riding has dropped off for you. For one, you have the too hot to trot heat to deal with, and riding in an oven blows, and you came off a trip with some of the best riding playgrounds in the country at your disposal.

As things cool down come Rocktober, you'll be grinnin' in the breeze for sure.

Kano,
The bases are definately covered for sure. I have too much of "me" invested in the Sporty to part with it. I would regret it too.

I stopped by your Coffeehouse and was pleased to find myself on your blogroll. Also happy to find another "greybeard" with 3 little ones as well. We have a lot in common there.

I'll get you linked up to my blog pal list as well, and will keep in touch.

Steve,
Oh man, I've got a great instructor teaching me. She must be old school, because she makes us turn off all electo-devices before class. No fooling around with this gal. We can't chew gum either!

Must be the time of the year that brings out our subconscious need to reach back to these "better days."

So what's on the moto-wish list in the far back of your mind?

Have fun,
Bill

9:14 AM  
Blogger Kano said...

Thank you Bill and you're welcome!

3:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Counter