Wednesday, March 21, 2007

A Little Show Of Respect

Just a real quick post today to let you know that I'm still in the game.

I had a busy day off spent with family, and enjoyed every minute of it. I was able to sneak in a short ride this morning to clear the cobwebs, and felt invigorated afterwards. Things are moving at a hectic pace at work right now, and because of some last minute shift trading with a co-worker, I was able to get Saturday off this week, so I'm looking forward to two days off together for the first time in months. Come rain or shine, Ol' Mule and I are going to find somewhere to ride to. But first...

I want to tip my hat to Steve over at Scooter in the Sticks on his latest post. As one of the guys that I look up to, and one of the three dudes that hooked me on the idea of blogging, I found that this post has all the makings of the writing that first inspired me to begin my journey as a blog writer. As a huge fan of the "Baron in Winter" era, Steve's latest adventure has some of the same flavor that Gary shared, in that Steve found himself in less than ideal weather and road conditions, assessed the situation, then as a true moto-adventurer, set out to conquer the challenge in hardcore fashion. I respect that.

Some may challenge one's judgement in taking a risk, others will recognize character in taking on a challenge. I stand in the corner of the one that takes it to the edge now and then just to get a peek at what lies in the valley below. These are cornerstone moments in the wall of memories that we are all trying to build. Good job Brother.

Have fun,
Bill

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely.

I'm hoping Steve gets a chance to take a couple of long road trips this season. He certainly has the right mount for it now. That will make for excellent reading.

Ride well,
=gc=

4:38 AM  
Blogger Combatscoot said...

It's that kind of writing that inspires others, and got him #1 blog at bloggers international.
John

9:37 AM  
Blogger Bill Sommers said...

Gary,
That's for sure.

John,
That's exactly why.

Have fun,
Bill

6:56 PM  
Blogger Steve Williams said...

Thanks for your kind words guys. Riding and writing this past year has been quite a party for me. I am grateful for all the support and enjoyment I have found on two-wheels.

I definitely plan to take some long trips this year and have my eyes set on destinations sound into Virginia and north into New England.

Right now I'm just trying to compare my shopping list to the carrying capacity of the Vespa. Those really big shopping trips are tough to haul in one trip. But I'm not done yet....

Steve Williams
Scooter in the Sticks

6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Counter