Sunday, January 14, 2007

I'm Ready...Let's Go!


Kind of like a dog waiting for his owner to take him for a walk, Mule sat patiently on the icy sidewalk waiting for me to stretch his legs. We didn't get far though, as old Sol couldn't put enough heat on the street to melt the ice away.

It was still around 28 degrees as we made our attempt at a Sunday joyride before the Seahawk game, but after almost putting Mule down 3 times, enough was enough. A couple of days should bring enough melting temperatures to put us back on the road.

I used the non riding time to remount the Kuryakyn tourpack on the cargo deck. I had it in mind earlier this season that I didn't want to trash it in the weather, but have since decided that the darn thing was made to be used on a bike, so by gosh, I'll use it. Besides, I find myself needing somewhere to carry my work junk and this tourpack has lots of room.

Here in the next couple of months, I should be seeing my yearly profit sharing bonus from work. I usually spend a little on myself in the way of motorbike stuff, or "Farkles" as I've come to know the term, and the rest goes to the family rainy day fund. This year I'll spend my bit putting Kenda tires on Mule. I've already told my main salesman friend Bill Rowland at Port Angeles Power Equipment that I'd like to order the Kenda's as soon as I get some bucks. After getting bested by the ice again, I can't wait to get them.

Till then, some of the Geezer cronies and I will be putting in some time getting my pal Jeff's '63 Allstate on the road. He's said many times that he'll ride to work every day, and I know that he will, but he just needs some help right now to get his ride on the road. So, help is on the way.

I'll post some shots of the rebuild here and review the progress. Should make for some comical tales, as this crew is a lot like Curly, Moe, Larry and Shemp. And I'm not kidding.

Stay tuned...

Have fun,
Bill

4 Comments:

Blogger American Scooterist Blog said...

Bill, I'm looking forward to the tales of the Allstate. My own ongoing project is a 1964 Vespa GL which is now a frame with an engine bolted on. This is more than its been in the last... seven or eight years? I forget. Three moves and every time I begin catalogueing parts we're on another move/adventure and the whoel thing had to be wrapped and boxed again.

If you check out my blog, you'll see I'm hopeful someone will come up with something that use to be an option for winter riders.

I would like to have one for my LX150.

I really enjoy your blog.

The Roadbum

10:16 PM  
Blogger American Scooterist Blog said...

Looking forward to your tales of the Allstate.

I'm back to an old project myself. A 1964 Vespa GL.

Roadbum

10:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The tale of the wrenches sounds like a good source of material. I look forward to reading that.

Ride well,
=gc=

4:36 AM  
Blogger Bill Sommers said...

Roadbum,
It looks like we have a start date next week to get busy on Jeff's Allstate. He's going to get some "before" pictures to post, so we'll be able to track the progress from the beginning.

And thanks for stopping in for a visit!

Gary,
I hope that this project makes for interesting reading. It should be fun.

Have fun,
Bill

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Counter