Friday, January 19, 2007

Getting Caught Up

With work taking the front burner position this week, I haven't had a chance to get caught up with my own blog site, let alone any of the other sites that I faithfully follow. So with great surprise, I found that Steve Williams is back tooling around the "Sticks" on a new Vespa. I hate to see a good rider down and Steve is full time rider. He's the real deal.

This week has been a series of meetings for me. I attended three on Wednesday alone. Then Thursday morning we had a product certification seminar that I had set up for contractors that lasted from 7:00 till 10:00 a.m. and then I had to write an article for the newspaper for the Home Show next month, so today I'm grabbing a day off to regroup and let my batteries charge.

Local roads are suitable for riding again as the snow and ice are finally gone. Streets are now nicely sanded, so I'll have to pay attention to that, but the main drags look good. Full time commuting on Ol' Mule will begin right away. I'm glad that I had chosen to abort riding for the most part during this spurt of winter weather. There were too many evenings that had icy road conditions that would have put me in a bad situation as far as bike-vs-cage goes.

I mentioned my buddies Allstate restoration project and it looks like we will be getting started next week. J.B. will e-mail some "before" photos to me so I can post them prior to getting everyone caught up to where we are at this point. The engine is out and has sustained some damage due to "mechanics" error. He used the "get a bigger hammer" approach when he shouldn't have and the end result will be costly when ordering replacement parts. Needless to say, he's not getting invited back.

Between the four of us Geezer members that will be working on it, we have a couple of good motorheads. Grizz has proven himself to be very good, as he is the guy that I built a Honda CB450 chopper with a few years back. That beast came to him as a barely rolling junk bike and in a matter of a few months we were up and running on a hardtail, ape hangered, jockey shift, louder than *#@% chopper. And Grizz made it look like he did this kind of work for a living. He welds, does bodywork, paints, and turns wrenches better than any cat I know. And you would think that he was related to Larry The Cable Guy. A true Redneck to his very soul. And he's just one in the cast of characters that you will be meeting soon. I'll introduce "Dreamcrusher" to you in the next installment. He's a metal fab nutjob.

For now though, I'm going for a ride.

Have fun,
Bill

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

bill, you forgot to mention grizz's wonderfull wife, lindsay. someone has to bring out the cold beer!!

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Counter